Now Hiring Assistant Teacher
Puzzle Place Preschool and Childcare
As an Assistant Teacher for the Puzzle Place Preschool and Childcare Center, you will provide a nurturing and safe environment for children to develop and reach age-appropriate milestones. You will demonstrate good judgement in the care and play with each child assigned to you. You will be providing support to children and enriching the social, physical, creative, and intellectual experiences for children of all ages and needs. Responsibilities include organizing activities, reading aloud, encouraging interaction, reporting to parents, and more.
Physical demands placed on the Assistant Teacher
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to run, stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
Job duties for the Assistant Teacher include but are not limited to:
· Assist and support lead teacher in creating a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth of every student; establishing effective rapport with students; motivating students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for becoming a responsible citizen in accordance with each pupil’s ability.
· Assist and support lead teacher in developing age-appropriate lesson plans and instructional material designed specifically for children with autism and related disabilities that aid in the development of communication skills, social interaction skills, play skills, self-help and life skills.
· Assist and support lead teacher in translating lesson plans into learning experiences that assist and support children to be successful out in the community while on outings such as but not limited to the library, movie theatre, grocery store, fire stations, parks, volunteer activities and recreational activities.
· Assist and support lead teacher in guiding the learning process toward achievement of individualized goals.
· Assist and support lead teacher in providing the social, behavioral, educational, sensory and emotional support necessary for children with autism and other disabilities to thrive and maintain a social network.
· Aids lead teacher in evaluating academic and social growth of students, documents progress, prepares progress reports, and completes a communication form that is exchanged between the staff and parent.
· Assist and support lead teacher in having a safe environment free of abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
Additional requirements of a Assistant Teacher:
- Ability to work both as a team and alone, to complete tasks as instructed, be receptive to new ideas and be creative in helping to solve problems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift or carry at least 30 pounds.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Must have cleared and approved criminal record check.
- Must have legal status in the U.S
- Interest in and/or experience in supporting children.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Believe that everyone can, and must have an opportunity to learn and grow, regardless of their disability.
- Work with a diverse team of professionals in a respectful manner
- Ability to stay organized, good time management skills, meets deadlines
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and keep the anxiety of others at a minimum
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.